Life Cycle of the Voice
16-part film in three chapters or as a complete set
- Vocal Health for children and adults
- Singing during Voice Change: Boiling Frogs and Tipping Points
- The child’s voice – what it can and can’t do
- Vocal exercises
- Glossary of Singing Voice Terms
- Warming-up – what are we trying to achieve?
- ‘Tilting’ – a Quixotic Pursuit?
- Allocation of choral parts – the compromise
- Bibliography of books, and articles on children’s singing
- Inside the Voice – this is an ebook on the Sing up website. You can join as a friend of Sing up for free. This then entitles you to download many resources, including all six chapters of Inside the Voice.
- Recording of Julia Doyle and Matthew Wadsworth
- ViP handouts 14.10.20
- How your voice works
- How to practise
- From boys to men – the changing adolescent voice Q & A
- Warm-ups for singers
- Singers and the Common Cold – Tom Harris
- Singing Growth Mindset
- Which sung pitch range is best for boys during voice change? Journal of Voice, in press
- Sound files for Journal of Voice “What pitch range is best for boys during voice change?
Speech 10yrs : Song 10yrs : Speech 13yrs : Song 13yrs
- PhD 2010 The implications of intensive singing training on the vocal health and development of boy choristers in an English cathedral choir
- Chorister research – summary
- Chorister research – preliminary findings 2005
- Teaching young singers safely
- Warm-ups, are they really necessary?
- Use of spectrographic displays in the teaching studio
- See also Research Publications